Rules & Regulations
All contests, draws, and promotional events (“Promotion(s)”) conducted by the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (SIGA) will be operated under and governed by the following standard rules and regulations (“Promotion Rules”) and any additional rules that will be published for a Promotion (“Contest Rules”). Please check any Promotion for additional Contest Rules. Complete rules and information regarding method(s) of entry, prizes, verification of eligibility and time restrictions can be obtained by request at Guest Services at any SIGA Casino.
To be eligible for Promotions, at the time of entry, an individual must be:
- 19 years of age or older;
- a SIGA Players Club Member (“PC Member”); or
- a resident of Canada excluding the Province of Quebec.
SIGA employees and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in any Promotions. For the purpose of these Promotion Rules, employees and their immediate families are defined as those residing in the same household or residence.
SIGA shall have the right at any time to require identification and/or verify eligibility to participate in a Promotion. Failure to provide proof within a reasonable period of time may result in disqualification.
SIGA reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in its sole discretion. Reasons for disqualification may include, but are not limited to: failure to meet the above eligibility criteria, non-abidance by the Contest Rules, containing or supplying untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details or information.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD
The starting and ending dates of each Promotion (“the Promotion Period”) will be published with the Contest Rules for each Promotion. The Promotion Period may be subject to cancellation, amendment, modification or termination pursuant to paragraph 12 of these Promotion Rules or any similar provisions in any Contest Rules.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- Individuals should refer to the Contest Rules for each Promotion to identify the required method of entry and any restrictions.
- All entries become the sole property of SIGA and will not be returned. All entries must be received by the last day of the Promotion Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled, or mechanically or electronically reproduced.
- Entrants must comply with all Promotion Rules and Contest Rules to be eligible to receive a prize offered under any Promotion.
- Any prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. SIGA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the described prize offered under a Promotion cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. WINNER SELECTION
On the date specified as the conclusion of the Promotion Period in the Contest Rules, a random draw from all eligible entries received will take place to determine the Promotion winner(s). Odds of being drawn as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Refer to the Contest Rules for the details and frequency of draws for any specific Promotion.
Potential winners are solely responsible for ensuring their response is provided to the designated contact person and place within the required time frame. If the potential winner does not respond in accordance with these Promotion Rules [or the Contest Rules], or is otherwise in breach of these Promotion Rules, he or she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize, and another entrant may be drawn. SIGA is not responsible for the failure, for any reason whatsoever, of any potential winner to receive notification or for SIGA to receive the potential winner’s response. Potential winners may be required, at SIGA’s sole discretion, to provide SIGA with sufficient proof of identity to satisfy SIGA that he or she is the actual person associated with the winning entry drawn; including proof the potential winner is the authorized account holder of an email address associated with a winning entry, if applicable.
Receipt of a prize is conditional on, each winner (a “Winner”) singing and delivering to SIGA a legal agreement claiming their prize and containing a release (“Prize Claim Form and Release”) that confirms the Winner:
- is eligible for the Promotion and has complied with these Promotion Rules and all Contest Rules;
- accepts the prize as offered;
- releases SIGA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively the “Releasee”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Promotion, participation in any Promotion-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and
- grants to SIGA the unrestricted right, in SIGA’s absolute discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or reuse the Winner’s name, City and Province of residence, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Promotion and the awarding of any prize.
The Prize Claim Form and Release must be executed by the Winner prior to the Winner receiving his or her prize. Any Winner who refuses to sign the required Prize Claim Form and Release will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
By entering the Promotion, the entrant releases and holds the Releasee harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Promotion, any breach of these Promotion Rules or any Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasee from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Promotion.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SIGA assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, release, any defective ticket or entry form, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a Promotion entry. SIGA is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, no matter what the cause. SIGA is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in any Promotion. Entrants assume liability for any injuries causes or claimed to be caused by participating in a Promotion, or by the acceptance, possession, use of or failure to receive any prize. SIGA assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that a Promotion cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of SIGA, which shall include but not be limited to fires, floods, explosions, acts of God, labour disruption, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized interventions, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of any Promotion.
By entering any Promotion, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Promotion Rules and all Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of SIGA, which shall be final and binding in all respects. SIGA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be:
- violating these Promotion Rules or the Contest Rules;
- tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
- violating the general operational rules of any SIGA casino;
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
- subject to an exclusion ban from entering any Saskatchewan Casinos, whether the exclusion ban is imposed by SIGA pursuant to The Alcohol and Gaming Regulation Act, 1997 (and amendments thereto) or the exclusion ban is voluntarily entered into by the entrant. Ineligibility for Promotions and/or disqualification of entrants in such Promotions as a result of such exclusion bans will remain in effect for the entire period of the exclusion ban imposed.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY EQUIPMENT USED IN RELATION TO A PROMOTION, TO UNLAWFULLY INFLUENCE ANY SIGA EMPLOYEE INVOLVED IN OPERATING A PROMOTION, TAMPERING WITH A PROMOTION WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SIGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a condition of entry, all entrants grant SIGA the right to:
- Use his or her personal information for the purpose of administering the Promotion or contest;
- Use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and
- Use his or her name and his or her respective City and Province of residence in connection with any media now known or hereinafter devised.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, advertising, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans, website content and representations are owned by SIGA and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
SIGA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, amend, modify or terminate all or any portion of any Promotion at any time for any reason without prior notice.
This Promotion is subject to the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan and all other applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Promotion Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over SIGA.